Takashimaya Singapore Ltd (collectively “Takashimaya”, “us, “we” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
What We Collect
The types of personal data that we collect depend on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the transaction undertaken with us.
The personal data that we may request includes but is not limited to (individually and collectively referred to as “Personal Data”):
• personal identification information, including name, identification and passport numbers, gender, date of birth, photographs, videos, closed circuit television (CCTV) footage, voice recordings;
• contact information, including postal address, email address, fixed-line telephone phone number and mobile phone number;
• payment information, namely, credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date.
What We Do With the Personal Data
The Personal Data you provide helps us to understand your needs, maintain our relationship with you, process transactions, fulfil our delivery obligations for any products, services or activities you undertake with us, and improve our service delivery. In particular, we collect your Personal Data for the following purposes, including without limitation:-
• to process relevant information for the provision of products, services or activities that best meet your preferences or needs;
• to respond to feedback from you;
• to provide updates on store promotions and events;
• to improve our products and services and to customise our web sites according to your interests;
• to develop content of this web site and our related network of web sites;
• for safety, security and legal compliance;
• for record keeping;
• to market products, services and activities offered by us, our partners as well as our appointed agents, and to conduct product or customer satisfaction surveys and market research, which you will always have the option of opting out from receiving such information.
(collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
We may also use and disclose your Personal Data within Takashimaya and its group of companies, and with and to third parties:-
• In order to fulfil the Purposes listed above, in which case, we may:-
• Disclose, transfer, and jointly use your Personal Data to and with such third parties in Singapore and overseas, and your Personal Data may also be transmitted to data storage facilities or our offices and appointed agents in Singapore or other countries in connection with our performance of the transaction with you;
• Share your Personal Data with our trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Data except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data;
• If required or authorised to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, including but not limited to circumstances where use and/or disclosure is:-
• necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings, including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy;
• necessary for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or obtaining legal services;
• necessary for responding to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of an individual;
• in connection with or forms part of any purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation of Takashimaya or its group of companies, including business or assets, or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of Takashimaya or its group of companies, but otherwise it is not in our usual course of business to sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to third parties.
Your express consent will be sought when collecting your Personal Data, for the Purposes, uses and disclosures set out above. There will also be instances where your consent for the collection or use of your Personal Data will necessarily be implied from the circumstances by nature of the task or transaction, including your interaction with us or in the course of signing up for, or accepting, any of our products, services or activities you have requested.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the option of withdrawing your consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data by making a written request to our Data Protection Officer (see contact details and requirements below). Depending on the scope of your withdrawal, you will not be able to receive any updates on store, product information and promotions, but your Personal Data may continue to be used and disclosed for other purposes such as processing of transactions you have with us.
We will, upon your written request to our Data Protection Officer (see contact details and requirements below), allow you to enquire about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Where required or authorised to do so by law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service and/or deny your request for access to your Personal Data.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is current, complete and accurate. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products, services and activities you have requested.
If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to our Data Protection Officer (see contact details and requirements below).
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of your Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying modification, disposal or similar risks.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that no harmful code will enter our web sites (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with disclosing any information or transacting over the Internet or when using online portals, and we urge you to take every precaution when using the Internet to disclose your Personal Data to us, including using strong passwords, changing your password regularly and using a secure browser.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your act or omission to safe-keep your username and password from unauthorised use.
Our web sites do not capture Personal Data about your online use unless you choose to access or use our web sites or provide such information to us.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps to analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site, and can include information about the way you use a web site, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you are accessing it from, and where you are in the world. In particular:
• Cookies allow web applications to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences, but a cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
• Traffic log cookies enable us to identify which pages are being used and help us to analyse data about webpage traffic to tailor services to your needs. The information is used for statistical analysis, and the data is removed from the system thereafter.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies in the course of browsing a web site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our web sites.
Personal Data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. We will cease to retain the personal data or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with individuals when it is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Contacting Us – Feedback, Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
• would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data;
• would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data; or
By Post : To: 391, Orchard Road, #10-01 Ngee Ann City, Tower A, Singapore 238873
By E-mail : To: firstname.lastname@example.org
To protect your privacy and security, we will also require you to verify your identity before we can respond substantially to your request.
Updated as of 14 December 2015
©2014 Takashimaya(Singapore) Ltd. All rights reserved